Saturday, December 3, 2011

Thankful

GRACE
It has been a while since I have blogged, as I am not exactly and avid blogger, shocker I know. But I felt like it was time to do a year...or more catch-up...actually settling for the past few months. It has been a time that has demanded tremendous growth and learning, and I feel like I have lost the touch of grace that has been in my life, and am on track to find it again. I can feel the stress and burdens in my shoulders and true relaxation seems to be a foreign concept, (working on relearning the language). What I appreciate the most are those moments of wonder that have brought those brief glimpses of grace, and this blog is directed to remembering it.

 The Sports Psych Lab Mural; my first "big" mural by that I mean it was 8' X 4'. It was a great experience and was fun for me to give back to the department that has given me so much by way of allowing me to stay at the university and work with an adviser who inspires me so often to be positive, laugh, smile and enjoy life. I truly am blessed to have fallen into this grace.
Taking some pics of my sister and her great family was a great joy. In a very jumbled stress, they have provided me with their grace of love, understanding, joy, laughter and relaxation that has been a lifesaver in so many ways.

 My cute nephew Jackson (even when he gives me scowls), he is one of my favorite people to hear laugh and smile. It is truly a grace to watch the wonder and excitement in his eyes when he sees a new leaf, flower or bug when he takes walks with his Aunt Lex. He is truly a great reminder of how to see the world anew.
 My wonderful niece, who is constantly smiling and laughing mixed in wither sass ;) She has so much energy and love of life and doing things. The joy with which she lives her young life is such a great example of how to be in life. I hope she can always keep this joy.
 Carving pumpkins, always a favorite of mine around Halloween, and it was made so much better when I was able to be around family and  try out a new design.
The Great Outdoors and in this case, Neon Canyon, which has been on my bucket list for a while and it finally happened. I have a truly great friend (Lisa) who took it upon herself to organize it and find others whom we could go with (Brandon); I am so grateful for her friendship and for the times she has thrown together great trips that have influenced me beyond description. 

There are so many others who have touched me the past month; some old friends, family, cousins, new acquaintances and others I have witnessed. All have brought joy and shown me great moments of grace. Thanks to all who have touched me and inspired me in the past few months.

No comments: