Sunday, February 8, 2009

Oregonians!

RUNNERS!!

Okay one of the coolest things about Oregonians is that they are so runner friendly; they go out of their way to let you cross the street, they smile and wave! This is easily the most friendly running place ever and Oregonians get a thumbs way up in my book for that!

Grad School!
I don't have any sweet pics of Corvallis, Oregon, aka home to Oregon State...but there is this cool pic of a beaver!!


The visit was absolutely amazing!!! I met with some incredible people who have done so much for others through their work and have greatly humbled me. They are facing some pretty drastic cuts in their department though, because of the economy :( So we will see how everything pans out.

On another thought, I have been having an a great time with my sister and her family. They are awesome people, who let me hang out at their house for weeks on end. It seems I have been at their place at least a few days of each month for the last 4 months!

More good skiing times



I thought these trees all bundled up amidst the snow was pretty cool


Ya know the prettiest time to ski is right at dusk, but then it also gets quite a bit chillier, but of course still worth it.

Hi!

I took a detour and did some snowshoeing with my mom, Uncle Bob and Aunt Linda at Bryce Canyon, which was fun

Mom, Bob an Linda


Can't stay away from the skiing too long, though I love this lookout, which takes a while to get to, but always is always rewarding with its views


I love the fresh snow where no one has been and you are breaking your own trail

Again, one of my favorite times is at dusk for reasons such as this amazing red rock that glows when the sun hits it


The moon was also awesome! This was just a taste of what the night looked like

How I feel everyday I get to touch, feel, smell, see and sense nature around me

3 comments:

April said...

Lex,you are so awesome. I love your pics,they are full of personality. Some time i want to come vistit mammoth again. It is so beautiful! Have you decided anything on Grad school?

Britta said...

I am so jealous looking at your blog. But I love remembering how great it is out there! I've been missing it like crazy lately. Buffalo just doesn't have the same views/terrain. Live it up! I know you are :)

Alissa King said...

it's nice to see all these pictures from your point of view because you appreciate it all so much. you should visit Lorraine in DC one of these days and let her take you to the old battlefields and haunted farmhouses of Virginia. the nature there is not like anything we have in the west, you would love it