Saturday, May 2, 2009

Let the Fun Begin!


Alrighty, it has been a little while, but it is good to be back to the blogging world and see what everyone is up to these days. I started work on the Grand Canyon Helitack Crew in the middle of April and have been through a crazy training ordeal the past few weeks, as well as mixing in some SARS (Search and Rescues) and medevacs (crazy) in the middle of training! But I am loving it down here, I forgot how awesome the Southwest is; This last week we have been training to do rappels out of helicopters (see below) into fires, and yest it is very fun.
Me about to do my second rappel out of a helicopter, around 100-125'


This is some of my fellow crewmembers doing a rappel around 200-225'

Also, here is some footage...


Oh and I couldn't forget that I got hang out with my best friend Lindsay right before I took off to go to the Grand Canyon. It is always awesome to see and remember how amazing your super cool friends and family are (they never cease to amaze me).

4 comments:

The Farrell Family said...

What's this? A blog entry from Lex?! This doesn't happen everyday! Looks like some pretty crazy stuff Lexa! We need to catch up. I'll call you tomorrow.

Lewis News said...

Fun Lex! I'll show the boys...they will love seeing those pics. Kodiak loved the sucker with the scorpion in it...very cool! Keep in touch!

Shy said...

Part of me misses those days a lot and part of me is really glad they are over :) I love the pics! I definitely miss the helicopters!!!

Alissa King said...

Is it a trick of the camera or is the helicopter really spinning it's, um, top spinner(?) that slowly? Sorry, awesome post, but when I pushed play I got a little freaked out because it looks to slow to keep you safely in the air!! (this is why your posts are exciting and mine are just strange, I'm kind of a wuss :)